When your central heating system breaks down, don’t stress – contact Platinum Air Conditioning Inc for expert heating repair in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Central heating systems heat multiple spaces within a building from one heat source and are part of an HVAC system that can cool and heat interior spaces. As a homeowner, it’s important to have a reliable service to turn to for heating repair needs.
Learning what you do if your heating system breaks down is important. The first thing you’ll need to do is reset your central heating system. This can seem like an inconvenient task, but it’s relatively simple. Here’s a step-by-step guide to resetting your heating system:
- Find the breaker box and flip the switch for your heating system. This will turn off all power to the unit. If you can’t find the breaker box or your heating system doesn’t have a switch, you will need to shut off the power at the fuse box.
- Next, locate your heating unit and open the access panel. You should see a large wire coming into the unit. This is the main power line. Follow it until you find the switch or fuse. Once you’ve found it, turn it off.
- With the power off, locate the thermostat and remove the cover. There will be wires running to and from the thermostat. Disconnect all of these wires.
- Now, it’s time to reset your heating system. To do this, simply follow the instructions in your owner’s manual. Each system is different, so you must consult the manual.
- Once you’ve reset your heating system, turn on the power at the breaker or fuse box. Then, turn on the thermostat and set it to the desired temperature. Your heating system should now be operational.
Resetting your central heating system can be a simple and effective way to troubleshoot and fix problems with your system. Following these steps, you can reset your system and get it up and running again.
What To Do If Resetting Doesn't Fix The Problem
If your central heating system is still not functioning properly after you’ve tried resetting it, there are a few things you can try:
- Check the thermostat: Ensure it is set to the correct temperature and functioning properly. If the thermostat is not working correctly, it may prevent the heating system from turning on or functioning properly.
- Check the filters: If the filters in your heating system are clogged, they can restrict the airflow and cause the system to malfunction. Make sure to check the filters and replace them if necessary.
- Check the ignition control: If your heating system uses an ignition control to ignite the burners, it may malfunction. Try replacing the ignition control to see if that fixes the problem.
- Check the blower motor: It may malfunction if your heating system uses a blower motor to circulate air. Try replacing the blower motor to see if that fixes the problem.
If you have difficulty troubleshooting your heating system, or if it doesn’t seem to be working efficiently after you’ve reset it. Contact Platinum Air Conditioning Inc today! We are a professional furnace replacement and repair company providing efficient installation and diagnosis of heating systems in Los Angeles, CA.